Accounting Specialist/Part Time
We are looking for a Accounting Specialist to join our team. Casa Teresa provides pregnant women in crisis a loving home to begin their healing journey . With a trusted and compassionate team of professionals and a proven residential program, we empower mothers in learning lifelong skills to end cycles of homelessness, abuse, and addiction; regain control of their futures; and create families that thrive. The Accounting Specialist reports to the Finance Director.
Overall responsibilities include support of accounting, finance, audits and reporting.
* Accounts Payable – Codes and enters all invoices into QuickBooks in a timely manner.
* Maintain vendor files, contracts, W-9’s and 1099 reporting.
* Prepares weekly check runs.
* Petty cash accounts and expense reimbursement.
* Credit card processing, recording and reconciliations.
* Accounts Receivable – Enters and distributes all invoices to clients/residents and reconciles open balances.
* Bank deposits, positive pay, and bank account reconciliations.
* Account reconciliations.
* Payroll administration.
* Assist with preparation of audit schedules.
* Provide additional support of Finance Director as needed.
Education and Skills Required: Experience/Training:
* Experience with accounting (2-3 years).
* Experience with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred)
* Experience with Microsoft Excel.
* Working knowledge of payroll administration (preferred, but will train).
* Highly motivated self-starter.
* Strong organizational skills and knowledge of reporting and record retention requirements required.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and sensitive material in a professional manner required.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage deadlines and multiple priorities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to interact efficiently in a team environment required.
Special Requirements: Background check including Live Scan
Job Type: Part-time